Thursday, November 9, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things 10-11-17



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

I'm making pretty good progress on my NaNo book.  I should hit 20K tonight, if I have a good writing night.

Unfortunately, the story isn't moving forward as quickly as I would like it to.  I will have to edit some of the scenes I've written a lot when I revise.  But I know my process well enough now to know I always noodle a lot in the early chapters becasue I'm getting to know my characters and their voices.  Once I have them nailed, the plot elements start moving faster because I don't stop to explore every little thought and gesture to figure out how they should react to whatever is happening.

I'll probably only manage one writing session over the weekend because I'm going away for work on Saturday.  Which means my weekend will be even shorter than usual.

And that's about it for celebrating this week.  We've had some absolutely glorious weather and that always cheers people up. Long may it continue.

What are you celebrating this week?

3 comments:

  1. It's mid-spring for you, right? That's always the best weather of the year. I hope it does continue for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you’re making excellent progress! That’s nearly half the goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on hitting 20K. That always feels like a milestone for me.

    ReplyDelete