Thursday, February 16, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things 17-2-17



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

It's Friday!  

It has been a really long week and I have been stupidly busy at work.  I don't think I've left the office before 6 all week.  So looking forward to the weekend, even though that is looking pretty busy too.

I've made fantastic progress on revising my book and am just over halfway.  After making some serious changes to the beginning, there hasn't been a huge amount of rewriting or slashing and burning necessary since.  I've even liked a couple of chapters a lot!  There's still a long way to go of course, and who knows if that second half is going to be as problem-free as the first?

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow which I'm stupidly excited about.  I think I might make a drastic change and do something entirely different.  It feels like something I need right now.

What are you celebrating this week?

6 comments:

  1. Great job on your book (and your hard work at your job of course). Have fun with your new haircut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to know that something is both stupid and necessary and awesome, one of those otherwise undefinable moments that make life worth living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for making fantastic revision progress—and for even liking a few chapters! May you experience the same with the second half.

    Enjoy your weekend. And that new haircut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think different haircuts or new colors are the best way to make a big change yet not mess up your life or stress you out. Do it! It doesn't surprise me your revision is easy. You write so perfectly from the beginning your books just need tweaking. I wish your work would lighten up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get excited to get my hair cut. I usually forget to make appointments for so long, by the time I go, I'm shaggy and ready to shave my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your progress :) Super excited for you. Funny, I had my hair done this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete