Friday, December 2, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things 2-12-16



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

I 'won' NaNo!

The book is nowhere near done, and I wrote a whole lot of scenes out of order to get to my 50K, but I'm 50K closer to having a new draft to work on.

I'm taking a few days off now, then on Monday I plan to do the tweaks and fixes to Shook that my CPs and beta readers have suggested.  I want to get that one to my agent before Christmas.

Then I'll get back to the NaNo book and finish it.

I have a nice quiet weekend planned which will be nice after the rather crazy couple of weeks I've had at work.

What are you celebrating this week?

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning NaNo! I'm glad you get a chance to slow down now. I'm sure Shook will be easy to fix. I think it's 99% ready to go since you did such a great job with it! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! You've definitely earned a respite. I guess now it's time for National Novel Editing Month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I am in awe! That is a lot of words for one month. Bravo! I can imagine it is time for a break after all that writing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I too am in awe - I found it exhausting managing 30,000 earlier at CampNaNo so 50,000 is way above me - here's to getting it how you want after you enjoy your well earned break :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I would even suggest considering the book's structure as you ended up writing it, which might have produced something unique worth preserving. A thought, anyway.

    ReplyDelete