Sunday, October 2, 2016

Weekly Goals 3-10-16

Can you believe it's October already?  Where has the year gone?

My goals this week are to finish a final pass through Sam and Amy and tighten up Amy's characterization.  She changed a lot as I revised the book, and the changes need to be reflected more at the beginning of the story so the ending isn't quite so much of a surprise.

Then it's off to readers.  Do let me know if you have time to do a quick read through for me.  I like to get at least a few eyes across any MS before I send it to my agents.  When you've been working on something so long, it's possible to miss some huge inconsistency or find the continuity is all screwed up in places.  Fresh eyes pick up on those things.

What are your goals this week?

2 comments:

  1. It's a good writer who realizes there are inconsistencies in your story. Better to fix them now than to have readers complaining about it later, or worse, judging your worth as a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love October! It's the spooky month! At least where I live. Good for you for finding where your MS needs work. You are a very dedicated writer :)

    ReplyDelete