Thursday, September 8, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things 9-9-16



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

It's one of my colleagues birthdays today so we had cake for morning tea.  And we're going out for lunch to a flash restaurant.  I think there may even be bubbly involved which makes thing even better.

I haven't been great with my revisions this week, but I have the weekend before I can call myself officially behind my goals.  I can revise 4 chapters over the weekend, right?

The weather is disgusting here, with freezing winds, hail, rain and even a little snow.  And here I was thinking it was spring!  I had great hopes that I might be able to start my next gardening project this weekend, but if it stays like this, I think I'll be curled up in bed with a book instead.

What are you celebrating this week?

8 comments:

  1. Cake for morning tea — yum! We're just going into fall. I don't even want to think about freezing rain and snow. Curling up with a book is definitely better. Good look with your revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of the cake and morning tea. Sounds so yummy. And then the bubbly? Even better. :)

    Your weather sounds like the exact opposite of ours - it's so hot I never want to leave the house. I wish we could all just get some nice weather to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake for morning tea sounds excellent.

    My revisions have been dragging on, too. I only have two scenes left in my read-through, but they'll take me all weekend to finish. Best of luck to you in powering through those four chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck getting those revisions done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if the freezing wind and all that is better or worse than the heat and humidity here. Anyway, good luck with the four chapters. With weather like that at least you won't be tempted to leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through the #CTST hop and I'm glad I did. We've had high heat and humidity which also makes it miserable to leave the house. I too have found time to up my writing time. I can peer out the kitchen window at the beauty of nature without sweating to death! Keep up the good work! www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for cake and lunch out to celebrate a birthday! You can probably get those 4 ch revised over the weekend. I've been working on revising 3 ch for a week... Send me the snow, rain and hail! I love that stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think any reason it eat cake is a good one. Or cheese. Especially cheese.

    Hey, let me see if I can send a little Florida your way.

    ReplyDelete