Friday, August 19, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things 19-8-16



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

It's one of those weeks when it's difficult to find things to celebrate, a week where one piece of bad news follows another.  But this bloghop isn't called 'Whinge About The Things Outside Your Control', so I won't go into the various tragedies that have punctuated my week.

We're supposed to be celebrating and no matter how terrible things get, if you look hard enough, there is always something to celebrate.

I have revised 18 chapters of Sam and Amy.  The terrible section I thought dragged the whole middle of the book down turned out to be much shorter than I remember it being, and much less draggy.  I feel like it's still a little too long at 3 chapters, but it's better than the five I had before.  And once I finish the rest of the book, I think I may be able to go back and cut that down even further.  I'm not sure Sam needs to articulate so much of his story.  Amy does, because what she says in this section is crucial to things that happen later in the book, but I think a lot of Sam's stuff can probably get folded into other places.  Maybe.

And…  Well, I'll celebrate cake.  The accountant at work had a birthday this week and we got to eat some particularly delicious cake.

What are you celebrating this week?

7 comments:

  1. Sorry you've had such a rough week. It's great that you made progress on your WIP, though. And cake is always worth celebrating. Hope you have a lovely weekend to make up for the bad week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry to hear about your bad week. I hope that your weekend goes much better. Yay for revising 18 chapters! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've had a bad week. Sometimes it goes that way, one thing after another. Hope things get much better for you. Your attitude is great, and I'm glad you got some satisfying work done on your WIP. Good luck with the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had one of those weeks. More cake is definitely a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, I try to find the good amidst the bad or whenever I think I have it rough that's when I learn someone else has it 1000s times worse. So, celebrating the trivial things in life is a good reminder that not all is bad. Having a slice of bday cake is always reason to celebrate. I love cake! Here's hoping this week brings you better developments your way.

    Food #humor plus Friendly Fill-ins & CTST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I agree that sometimes it's hard to find something to celebrate when so many bad things are happening. This is just a bad year for a lot more people than usual. Things seem to balance out eventually. I've gone to more funerals this year than I ever have before. I'm looking forward to the time when life will balance out and great things will happen.

    Cake is definitely something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am celebrating being in Northern Michigan (US) being bossed about by my
    mother and wife while I try to quit smoking. I don't even have my own car!
    Kurt

    ReplyDelete