Thursday, June 9, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things 10-6-16

This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

It was a long weekend last weekend so I've been paying catch-up the last three days to make up for the short week.  And I'm at a conference most of next week, so I doubt I'll have time to do much work then either.  Ahhhg!  So much to do!

But on the plus side, I only have eight more chapters to revise on my novel.  Okay, so they're the eight that probably need the most work…  I have great plans to get through the whole lot by Monday night so I can send the MS to my CPs.  Not sure I'm going to do it, but I'll do my best.

I just wish I hadn't also brought two huge work projects home with me as well…

Younger son is going on his first overnight tramp tomorrow, so it will be just me and Big at home since my partner is working 13-hour days all weekend.  And he's doing the 40-Hour Famine which isn't so fun.  I thought I might have a dinner party since I love cooking for people, but it didn't seem fair while he's starving himself for charity.

Anyway…  If this book is going to get finished, I can't be taking time out for dinner parties, can I?

What are you celebrating this week?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the last of those revisions. Sounds like it will be a busy weekend but I'm sure you will get them done by your Monday goal. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do those revisions! I hope your younger boy has a great time on his over-nighter and that your partner survives his 40-hr famine thing. I haven't done a dinner party for people since I did a backyard Mexican buffet about 30 yrs ago. Nowadays, writing is all the entertaining I do for people! LOL

    ReplyDelete