Sunday, August 2, 2015

Weekly Goals 4-8-15

After finishing the 30K in NaNo Camp, I'm not that far away from the end of my book.  So the next week or so are all about getting there.  I figure I have about 15K left to write, so I should be able to do that in two or three weeks.  By the end of August anyway.

I don't think the book is very good yet.  Characters kept turning up unexpectedly, and a lot of things happened I wasn't expecting, but I think maybe it will be a more exciting book because of them.  I may just need to change a few things earlier on so the things that happen later make more sense.  I perceived this book as being very closed, with just the two characters and the shifting dynamics between them.  A third character was only going to come in late in the story to change the dynamic again.  But that third character arrived early with his own story and his own baggage and an unexpected brother.

Sometimes I think I should outline, but writing a book with an outline wouldn't be the same adventure…

This is the last week of the Film Festival and I have several more films to see.  Looking forward to them!  But after that, it's butt in chair every night until the draft is done.

What are your goals this week?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know...I've been writing my current WIP with a very extensive outline, and still, unexpected characters and events happened all over the place. Perhaps I'm not outlining right?

    Best of luck to you in getting that final 15k done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being close to the end. It sounds like your book was quite an unexpected adventure :)

    ReplyDelete