Sunday, June 21, 2015

Weekly Goals 22-6-15

I'm home all week this week (and next), so it's time to get some serious writing done.  I'm heading toward the crucial half-way mark in my book, and I feel like maybe the pace is off a little.  Not enough has happened yet.  I've been leaving little notes for myself so when I go back to revise, I'll remember  what I think I need to add in each chapter.  Until I have a chance to read the whole lot through, I won't know if I'm right about the pacing.  So for now, I just keep writing forward and hope I hit my plot points where I want to hit them.

I have a lot of things going on at work, so it's going to be a busy week (as usual), not to mention it's almost the end of term for the kids, so we have all those things like parent-teacher interviews to squeeze in as well.  Not to mention figuring out what we're going to do with the kids for two weeks…

What are your goals this week?


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kate! I like the idea of leaving yourself notes on each chapter. Best wishes with that, (smile).

    This week, I'm continuing to improve health-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to leave a lot of revision notes in the margins of my manuscript. And in a notebook, and on the walls containing the storyboard. I've been thinking my pacing is a little off, too.

    Enjoy your two weeks of serious writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you're home just in time to have the kids demanding your attention while you write :). I'm sure you'll figure out the pacing thing. That's what editing is for.

    ReplyDelete