Monday, September 15, 2014

Done!

Please excuse my absence from the blog over the last week.  I've been in the depths of revision hell as I tried to get my book ready to send to my agent.  You'll be pleased to know I made it.  I just sent the revised MS off.

It's been hard work and I've added a good 8K to the already too-long word count, but I think all the elements are there, even if I'm not 100% sure everything works as seamlessly as I'd like.  I figure there will be another round of editing before this one goes out, but I'm prepared for that.

Now, I'm so exhausted, I'm going to fall into bed.  I've had about 8 hours sleep since last Wednesday because even when I went to bed, I couldn't sleep for obsessing about words and phrases.  Give me a couple of days to recover, and I'll be up and at 'em again.

How do you feel when you've finished a huge round of edits?

2 comments:

  1. At least you emerged from revision hell unscathed. Now go get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the revisions Kate. Now get some sleep ;)

    ReplyDelete