Thursday, February 13, 2014

Celebrate The Small Things 14-2-14



This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?




Well, it's Valentine's Day!  So I'm celebrating the fact my partner and I have managed to stay together for 16+ years.  He's probably the least romantic guy under the sun, so there have been no flowers, chocolates or jewelry in my day, but those things don't really signify love, do they?

After a particularly stressful week or so at work, I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  After so many years as a manager, I can honestly say that staffing problems are the worst things to deal with.  I'm so grateful that my awesome supervisor has decided to stay with us.  I really don't know what I would have done if she had left...

My book is on sale for Valentine's Day and last night at work I had a function for exactly the right audience.  So I made up a few flyers advertising the sale and handed them out.  It's too soon to see if any of them actually took up the offer, but just having the opportunity to get out into the community and pimp my story felt good.

I haven't done a whole lot of writing this week, but once I'm finished the critique I'm doing for one of my CPs. I'm totally ready to dive back in.  My goal is to finish this draft by the end of the month.  Can you guys hold me to that?

What are you celebrating this week?

8 comments:

  1. Great end to the week, and glad you were able to push your book. Here's to lots of new sales:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to the light at the end of the tunnel!

    Off to look for your book now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 16+ years, that's great. Glad you're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sixteen years is a long time. Congratulations. If he has unromantic manners, but treats you well, then that's all right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valentine's Day is a wonderful thing to celebrate! I'll come back to see if you kept to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The month is half over. Get writing! Good luck and happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sixteen years is a lot to celebrate--congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The small things are the best things. They also become the big (important) things, in the long run. Me, thinks.

    Congratulations on 16 years!

    ReplyDelete