Friday, October 4, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things 4/10/13



This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up! 


So, what am I celebrating this week?




I finished my job on Monday, so I've had the rest of the week off to hang out with my kids who are on vacation.  Except for the days they went to day camp because I thought I'd be working those days....  We've had some fun.  I even got sunburned one day!

On the days the kids were otherwise occupied, I've had me-time.  I had a massage for the first time ever, which I loved (even though it was super painful while it was happening).  I spent a day wandering through second-hand clothes stores and bookstores, and went and had a beer in the afternoon with a friend.

I've been out in the evenings twice, to the theatre and to a film festival opening at another cinema.  I think I'm realizing how other people live!

The one thing I haven't done is write....  And I really need to get back into that.  I've been reading a lot though, and that's almost the same thing, right?

What are you celebrating this week?

11 comments:

  1. Ooh I've never had a massage, it's on my to-do list! It sounds like you've had a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im celebrating realizing that big businesses really do suck, the life from their team and in their approach to teams and partners and mostly customers as well, lol, slow learner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch for the sunburn but yay for having fun with the kids!

    Glad you had some "ME" time. And yes, reading is research for writing... I'm pretty sure. I think? lol.
    A break is always good to have every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Me' time is good, glad you managed to relax a little this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading is totally the same thing. You can't write without reading. Once you fill up the reserve, the words will come pouring out your fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad I ran into your blog (via the celebrate the small things - blog hop) - looking forward to reading more, blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's awesome that you're treating yourself during this unexpected vacation - you deserve some "you" time, and reading is an excellent alternative to writing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful last couple of days. Glad you're enjoying them. And yes, reading is just as important to writing as putting down words. It's amazing how much we can learn about what works and what doesn't by simply reading what others wrote - kind of like homework in school ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, a massage is the best! Welcome to the dark side.
    Reading your week, I got the feeling of happy-go-lucky!
    Sounds like you had a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I enjoy a massage too - though you are right sometimes at the time they can hurt a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a nice, relaxing week. I've never had a massage before--if they hurt, I'm not sure I want one!

    ReplyDelete