Thursday, October 18, 2012

Always the way...

About a week ago I had a short story accepted for publication.  I haven't been sending stories out much in the last year or so because I've been focusing on writing novels instead.  But the theme of this particular journal was a perfect fit for one of my Beach House Stories, so I submitted it.

Yesterday, that same story was requested by another publication I'd sent it to months ago.

Isn't that always the way?  Months and months of rejections or stony silence, then two people want the same piece at the same time!  It's not the first time that's happened to me either.

Ah, well.  At least it's getting published, right?

5 comments:

  1. Yup, that's the irony of submission. Well, congrats doubly. You know your story is good if two publishers want it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on having a story accepted for publication. You know that they say when it rains, it pours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the story! I hope that it all seems to happen at once. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete