Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back into it

For a week I've been too exhausted and crazy busy with the day job to write. Today I'm getting back into it. It's storming outside, freezing, snowing off and on (for the first time since 1976), but nothing is going to stop me from going to the library and writing for at least 2 hours.

I'm terrified.

This book hasn't been an easy one up to this point, and I can tell it's going to get harder from here. But I'm determined to push through and get to the end. I already know there's a lot a need to change at the beginning, but I'm resisting the urge to go back and revise now I already know the whole thing will need to be rewritten at least once, so I'll save it until I reach the end.

For now, I'm setting myself a deadline. September 15th for this first draft. It's the second deadline I've given myself, but I feel good about this one. If I can just write 1K a day, I'll get there.

Do you think I can do it?

6 comments:

  1. Very best of luck to you. I know it'll be fantastic, and what exists already is. A stone that just needs polished ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can. 1 K a day is a good goal. One I usually set for myself . . . just not lately with my kids home and my house a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some weeks just go like that. 1,000 a day is very doable, best of luck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day at a time. It will get done. Hop on over I'm hosting a blog fest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! Stuff can always be fixed later. Get that draft down and then it will be easier to play around with. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete